"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy July to me!

Long time no post once again!
So My missionary, best friend, and love has been out on his mission for two months! Finally it is two months!! HAPPY JULY TO ME!!!

 Updates on him... After 7 weeks of being in the Provo MTC he was reassigned to Fort Worth, Texas in the mean time of waiting for his visa.
Here are some pictures he sent from the MTC...
He is so stinkin' Handsome!! I love this boy with all my heart!

Sorry for the sideways pictures! For his birthday  I sent him the cutest package! It was a party in a box so it had all kinds of party decorations and food and supplies. So Hopefully it was a happy birthday to him! The pillowcase he is holding I made for him and it has his missionary name tag ironed on and on the back there is a heart with lips that say Sewn with a Kiss. I was pretty excited about his birthday package. It looks like they more than enjoyed it!



Him and his district. He was called to be district leader and Zone leader while in the MTC.




He is doing wonderfully and is so happy to finally be out in the field teaching the Lords people about the gospel and the happiness that comes from it. He is truly loving it!

Yesterday we received his first email from out in the field. He to the Spanish Speaking Fort Worth mission. Here is his email:


So I am here in fort worth! This first week has been pretty overwhelming. The Spanish is nuts. Some conversations I understand 1 out of every 10 words. Some 1 out of every 100. This is NOT the Spanish that was in the MTC! haha but I have faith I will understand soon enough! We have 3 Investigators that have Bap dates set! The soonest is Omar. He is set for July 6th. It’s so cool! When you literally see people change, it’s an indescribable feeling. I have gotten so lost in the investigators here that i have gone days without thinking of Peru. It is easy to get lost and engulfed in the work. as far as day to day things go, we walk. No Bikes, which is a blessing because I’d get killed if i was riding one, wouldn’t I mom?;) It’s so fun out here though. My trainers are Elder Allen and Elder Newman. They are great! It’s just us three inside this kinda shed/barn thing. haha I heard from somewhere that Fort worth has a lot of wealth... i am not part of the wealth. i am in the GHETTO!! And it’s 1,000,000 degrees outside. But the crazy thing is, I love it here.  Because I am a Spanish Elder, I can travel anywhere in our zone, but if we are outside our area, we can only refer non members to the missionaries in the area we are in. it’s pretty cool! I do wish I could get rid of the country music .... haha! We witnessed one of our investigators get beat up by police and thrown into a cop car on Friday and then we helped him get out. That was kinda cool. The Latinos here are crazy. We teach probably 65% of our lessons in English so I have a lot of opportunities to talk in those lessons. The others I just try and understand and then bear testimony, but I can always feel the spirit! I love you all! Know my prayers are with you always!:)

-Elder Walker

He is pretty wonderful. I am feeling quite lucky to have such a wonderful missionary. I always swore to myself that I would never in a million years send off a missionary... well... look where that got me! I guess the Lord had different plans for me!

Updates on me: Since my missionary has been gone I have acquired a love for the guitar that I never thought I would acquire. It is such a fun talent I have gained. Right now I am in the process. of writing my own song. I'm loving trying to compose my own music. Ever tried it? Do it!! Don't know an easy starting place? Well, my advice to you would start with the different experiences you have had in your life. There really isn't an easy starting place. "Getting there is hard, the rest is easy!"

Until Next time!!

'There is no obstacle too great. No challenge too difficult. If  we have FAITH." -Gordon B. Hinckley

HAPPY JULY TO ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment