"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 3 In the Field Update from Elder Walker


Otro Semana de Milagros!

It has been another week of miracles! how is everyone doing? i have a few things to share with you all so bear with me:)


so we have an investigator named Gizmo. and he is really into the discussions. he gave up a lot to be clean and prepare himself for baptism. we were teaching him a few weeks ago before he went into his army training, and he wasn't sure if he was going to bring his book of Mormon because he didn't know how the other guys would feel about it, and he didn't want to be left out. i was inspired to tell him if he brought the book, and prayed, he would find a latter day saint there to help him, and read with him. Those of you who know about my experience with Elder Christofferson, when we were talking he told me this: "if the Lord prompts you to say something, he will ALWAYS validate what he tells you to say. no matter what it is, you will promise the truth" so on Tuesday he came back from training and called us late at night to meet with us, we met him the next day and he looked at me and said "when i got into the barracks i met a white guy, who told me he had returned from his Mormon mission in mexico. when he told me that i knew you were here because God sent you"

I can hardly type those words without weeping. i know i am called of heavenly father and this work is HIS and i have the sacred priviledge to be here as a tool for him. i love my heavenly father and my brother Jesus Christ. on another note, i am riding a bike now... we all know how good i am at that... in 4 days i have fallen 8 times, once over the handlebars, down a hill, onto the street... IT WAS AWESOME!;) haha i know heavenly father is protecting me! no broken bones!;) well i want you all to know that i love you very much. i am so thankful for the support i have back home, i feel your love and prayers daily, and hope you feel mine! thank you for being a source of strength for me!

I love you all!

Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment