"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Monday, July 22, 2013

Update From Elder Walker

How are you all? Hope this email finds you healthy and happy! I am still here in Texas! I don’t think I’m ever gonna leave!;) The work is progressing, we have two baptisms planned for the next two weeks, I am very excited for that. Other than that there isn't a whole lot to report on! This next week is going to be super busy! We have interviews with our new mission president, and meetings and baptisms! So it should be a solid week for the most part! I want to share something that I've been studying a lot in the book of Mormon, specifically in Alma, where he refers to a "book of life" and he talks about how everything we have ever done, said, thought, thought of doing, or desired will be in said book. And then a talk by Elder Arnold said that there will come a day when this book will be read to us at the judgment seat. Kind of a scary thought huh? But the wonderful truth that i have taken out of it is that through the atonement of Christ, anything that we want, can and will be taken out of the book through using the atonement of our savior. It doesn't matter if we want a word deleted, a paragraph, or 3/4 of the book, the atonement will take care of it and we will have a perfect book! I love the sacrifice Christ has made for us, and i can testify of its power.

The Spanish is coming slowly but surely. I’m getting a lot of help from the people here. It is crazy how lost you get in the needs of the people, I find myself "wrestling with god in mighty prayer" asking what I need to do to be better for them. I’m just trying to be the best missionary I can be! Thank you all for your love and support, my thoughts and prayers are with you always!!

Love, Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment