"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Missionary Music & My CD

Missionaries are always wanting music to be sent to them. The only problem is... What in the World do you send them? and How do you know what kind of music they are allowed to listen to? 
All missions are different and different mission presidents have different rules on the music they allow them to listen to. 
My suggestion to you: All missionaries are allowed to listen to church hymns. So never be afraid to send them anything that is sacrament meeting appropriate.
For more details about what YOUR missionary is allowed to listen to,
contact their mission president or ask them personally. 

My Missionary: 

So before my missionary left I couldn't decide what in the world I should get him as his last BIG thing he received from me. I thought about all the things he liked, but I wanted it to be something that he could hold on to throughout his whole mission and I wanted to give him something that was more then just another "thing." 
I thought about all the things he told me he liked about me and the things that we liked to do together. 
Things such as; Hiking, listening to music, playing guitar, he always loved listening to me play the piano, playing games, walking around the mall, bowling, batting cages, and so on. 

THEN.... IT HIT ME!! 

I was going to record a CD  of me playing instrumental piano music. 
 I only had about 2 months before he left so I jumped on the Idea. I called up my cousin who has a recording studio and asked him if he would help me do it. He was nice enough to help me out. One Idea, 
One pianist (me), and 15 songs later, I had the CD that I was going to give my missionary. 


Recording a CD was such a great experience for me. I was able to be reminded of why I love the piano so much and I was also able to feel My Saviors Love For Me as I expressed my Love for Him Through Music.  
Somehow I was able to keep this whole thing a surprise for Easton. He had no Idea that all of this was going on and was so surprised when the time finally came for me to give it to him. 

The songs I recorded include the following: 

*Baptism Hymn
*A Child Prayer
*Come Thou Fount
*His Hands
*I know That My Redeemer Lives
*I know My Savior Loves Me
*If The Savior Stood Beside Me
*What Heaven See's In You
*Eternal Families
*Praise to The Man
*Fireside Medley 
*God Be With You Till We Meet Again
*God's Love
*I Need Thee Every Hour
*I Feel My Saviors Love 


If You Would Like a Copy For Your Missionary or Even Yourself Please Email me at the following: 

Ssbbww@gmail.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment