"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Scripture Study Testimonies




The following includes testimonies from a few of YOU (my readers) about Scripture Study


Jennifer Hedelius 

You know, I used to avoid scripture study. I convinced myself I didn't have the time to do it, or I'd just forget. Meeting my missionary though, and sending him off on his mission showed me that I don't have until tomorrow to learn what the scriptures have for me to learn. I need to be reading and studying now, and developing habits that will influence the rest of my life and my children's lives. More than anything I desire to be a mother and with as scary as this world is becoming I know I need to be strong and have a firm knowledge of the gospel principles in order to be able to teach them. I know the Book of Mormon is True and that the stories and prophecies contained within are for our day, not just a past people. There are so many things that are relatable to even stuff that is happening around us, and instead of feeling fear, we can feel at peace because of what is said, prophesied and promised. I know that the Gospel teaches us to become close to Christ, in fact, all scripture testifies of Him. He is our Brother, our Savior and can be your best friend if we allow him to be.




Jenny Harris 

Scripture study has changed my life. It brought me out of my trial with ease. During my life, I've always heard the stories over and over again, but when I rediscover them, I find a new appreciation for them. I've signed up for institute every semester and summer so far so that I can constantly be learning more about the scriptures. My testimony has grown SO MUCH just by taking these classes and learning more about the scriptures. I've found so many new insights in the same stories I've heard before and so many new things that pertain to my life now. I always find something new each time I read, which amazes me because the words never change! It is the Word of God and He has given us so many writings to use in our lives and find guidance from. If we just simply turn to the scriptures and study the messages written inside, our lives will be changed for the better. I've learned so many things that I can't wait to take into my future marriage and teach to my children. These words will ALWAYS lead us back to God




Hunter Peterson 

I know that by reading your scriptures daily, your life will be blessed so much. And that reading your scriptures can help you with your school work, job, and at home. And that we become nearer to God as we diligently study the scriptures.


Lindsay Schwab

I know that the scriptures are for us, here and now. God has given us the scriptures as tools to help us progress and overcome our challenges. The promises in the scriptures are true - God will stick by his promises always. If we liken the scriptures unto us, there is a whole new world of blessings and beauty that awaits us! Reading and studying the scriptures brings protection and success in life. When we make the effort to read God's word, He makes the effort to bless us. I know this is true.



Audrianna Christopherson 

The scriptures have helped me SO much; it helps me through the hard times and gets me to the easier days. I am so glad that I have made a habit of scripture study. It has done so much for me. The spirit is so much stronger when you read the scriptures daily.




Hayden Rush 

Scripture study has literally made me who I am; it's made me a better, happier, more confident, and more knowledgeable person. It absolutely should be part of everyone's life. I know for a fact that The Book of Mormon is the true word of God and that Joseph smith was a true prophet, and that he translated it. I have a strong testimony of this church, I know it's true!



Yours Truly; Savanna Westberg 

I know that the things all the people before me testified of is true. How do I know it's true? because I have experienced some of the same things as they have. I know that when you study your scriptures you can be more in tune with the spirit. There have been times when I haven't been good about study the scriptures, but once I made it a daily habit and a goal to read and study my scriptures daily my life changed. Study the scriptures allows you to be happier and allows you to make better choices.  If you make a goal and habit of scripture study I promise your life will be blessed and you will start to see more fully all the good that is going on around. 
There is power in diligently reading and studying our scriptures! 






No comments:

Post a Comment