"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Sunday, October 6, 2013

Confirmations and Answers to Prayers



I'm not sure where to start with this but I have a lot of thoughts running through my head that I think will be very helpful to a lot of us. Myself included.
 
I have had a lot of questions lately about how you know you have received a confirmation and how you receives answers to  prayers.
 
Everyone receives confirmations and answers differently so I can't speak for everyone, I can only speak for myself. 
 
I have needed a lot of guidance in my life. I've needed guidance ever since the beginning of my existence in fact.
 
I've received confirmation and answers to my prayers in many ways: while on my knees, while reading the scriptures, in the temple, and while being obedient.
My answers usually come when I actively and diligently seek for what I am looking for.

Answers don't always come when we want them to, sometimes they come right away, but other times we don't get answers at all. When we don't receive answers we shouldn't be frustrated but rather we should be grateful. By Heavenly Father not giving you an answer he is saying that he trusts you to make the right decision and that you don't need his help.

Sometimes we don't get the answer we wanted. When this is the case, we must trust in our Heavenly Father because he knows you and what is best for you better then anyone else! A lot of the times we don't know why Heavenly Fathers gives us the answers he does, or why he guides us down certain paths, but as we are obedient and do what he asks we will eventually come to know why he had us do something a certain way or go down a specific road. Blind obedience brings blessings.

Sometimes we pray to receive confirmation and when it is given us we tend to doubt it. Why do we do this? Simple. because we are human and that is what we do. Not to long ago through the spirit Heavenly Father confirmed to me something I had been asking and praying about for a really long time. I had a lot of patience in waiting for it to be the Lords time to tell me what I should do about this situation. "God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It take a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it's [always] worth the wait."  After I had received the confirmation I had been looking for, I began to doubt it! Why would I doubt it? because that is what Satan tell you to do. As I was sitting there doubting the Lord, all of a sudden I was slapped in the face by the spirit and the spirit testified to me that the Lord does not confirm things to us and then take away that confirmation. He does not confirm things to us just so that we can doubt him. He confirms things to us so that we can feel peace and so that we can show him that we have faith and that we will obey.

Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles. Trust in the Lord, trust in the spirit, but most importantly... trust in yourself enough to follow Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!  Heavenly Father Lives, He loves us, and he wants what Is best for us. I know these things to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment