"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Friday, October 18, 2013

If the Savior Stood Beside Me

 
Would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously?
Would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel?
Would I speak more reverently?
Would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions?
    Would I choose more worthily?
Would I often kneel to pray?
Would I listen to the Spirit’s voice, and hasten to obey?
Would I count my many blessings?
Would I praise Him gratefully
 Would I comfort those in need?
Would I try to show the Savior’s love in every word and deed?
Would I give to those who hunger?
Would I serve more willingly
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care
So I’ll be the kind of person that I know I’d like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
 
The Savior is always near. He is by our side, and with that knowledge we should ask ourselves...
 
Do I think of the commandments and try hard to be true?
Do my words remain true and kind?
Do I share the gospel?
Do I speak reverently?
Do I keep my thoughts clean and pure?
Do I often kneel down to pray?
Do I listen to the spirits voice?
Do I hasten to obey?
Do I count my blessings?
Do I thank him every day?
Do I Serve willingly?
Do I show my Saviors Love in every word and deed?

If the Savior stood beside me is one of my favorite primary hymns. If we kept it in our thoughts and minds on  daily basis I do believe our thoughts words and deeds would be different and be more turned to Christ.

I know that the Savior is never far away. I know that he stands beside us! I know that his presence gives us strength, hope and courage to endure because I have felt his strength, I have felt his hope, I have felt his encouragement and most importantly I have felt his love! I know that the Savior live and that he loves each and everyone of us with an everlasting love and that his Love is there for ANYONE who is willing to accept it. He Loves us more then we can comprehend and because of that, we can always have the strength to move forward and press on!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment