"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Monday, November 4, 2013

Aspire to Be Something Higher

One thing you should know about me if you don't already is that I love to read other people's blogs. There seems to be something about the blog community that I love. I don't know if it is the fact that I am a blogger myself, or if is because I love hearing other people's opinions, or if I love being uplifted or what. I guess it is a combination of all those things put together. 

Anyway what I'm getting at is that I was reading a blog recently and the blogger was talking about how she doesn't like that people look up to her. She wishes people didn't look up to her. Maybe that's because she is scared. I can see why people looking up to you could be a scary thing. Rather then thinking of it as a scary thing we should look at it as a compliment. 

My Heart always melts when I am told by younger siblings or even friends that they want to be like me someday! What a huge responsibility, but also what an honor!! Knowing that people look up to us makes us become better. With the knowledge of knowing that there are people watching me and looking up to me, I want to aspire to become the best possible me I can become. I try my hardest to be the best example, I try to aspire to become something higher. Being looked up to makes it harder for us to make big mistakes, it makes it harder to be mean to those around us, it makes us watch the words we speak, and the actions we take. It help us aspire to be something higher! 

"To desire is to obtain; to aspire is to achieve."

                         -James Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment