"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Wednesday, January 28, 2015

He Wants to Know

The other night I came to the realization that you don't know how many people are in need of blessings until you kneel down in sincere prayer.
I know a lot of people who are in need of blessings, even people I don't necessarily know personally. 
There is always someone in need of blessings.
In fact, there is never a time when one individual doesn't need to be blessed by Heavenly Father. 
As I sit here writing this I realize how many people I miss daily. 
So and so needs to be blessed with peace,
so and so needs help finding a job,
so and so needs to feel loved; 
the list goes on and on. 

It is really important to  take the time to have sincere conversation with our Heavenly Father. 
Am I perfect at it? 
Absolutely NOT! 
If I was, I wouldn't be writing about it. 

Side Note:
 (feel free to skip ahead)
I write these posts not to necessarily inspire other but rather to inspire myself to become a better person and to help PREPARE myself instead of  WAITING around. 

I've always known that communication in relationships is really important but since I have been married, I've come to realize that it is KEY. 
Communication is key in ALL relationships so why not use the most important person in our entire existence to practice with?

So what if your prayer is 20 minutes long?
Enos prayed day and night until his prayer was answered and he felt forgiven. 
"kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens."
(To read the whole story of Enos Click Here.) 

So what if we say a million prayers a day?
The brother of Jared went to the Lord and prayed multiple times in one day until he found a solution to his problem, and in return was able to see the finger of the Lord.
 "And it came to pass that when the brother of Jared had said these words, behold, the Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger. And theveil was taken from off the eyes of the brother of Jared, and he saw the finger of the Lord; and it was as the finger of a man, like unto flesh and blood; and the brother of Jared fell down before the Lord."
(To read the whole story of the brother of Jared click here.) 

Prayer is not meant to be a short encounter; it is meant to be a sincere conversation about all the things happening in your life. 
When you rejoin with your spouse after a long day you don't want them to brush you off or give you little input or attention (at least I don't). 
You want intent ears, 
feedback on things that happened,
responses to the things that you could have made better,
worries,
concerns,
and your highs and lows of the day to be conversed.

Guess what?
Heavenly Father wants that too.
He doesn't want to only hear about the good but also the bad.

Heavenly Father sees all things so you might ask
"Why do I need to tell him? He already knows."

Let me tell you why.
He wants to hear your story first hand because he loves you.
So open your mouth and speak.

Turn off the TV, put your phone down, drop to your knees and PRAY.
Discouraged? Tell him.
Happy? Let him know.
Ungrateful? Thank him anyway.

Through prayer all things great can happen.

Have you prayed yet?

I hope so. Once you finish, open a notebook, grab a pen, wait for inspiration and then write down how you felt after your sincere conversation.

NEVER EVER LET YOUR INSPIRATION GO UN NOTED.


Dictionary Definition of Prayer:


1. a devout petition to God or an object of worship.
2.
a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship,as in supplication,   thanksgiving, adoration, or confession.
3.
the act or practice of praying to God or an object of worship.
4.
a formula or sequence of words used in or appointed for praying :
the Lord's Prayer.
5.
prayers, a religious observance, either public or private,consisting wholly or   mainly of prayer.
6.
that which is prayed for.
7.
a petition; entreaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment