"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Monday, December 1, 2014

Continually Humbled

It wasn't until I started looking through all the blogs I follow that I realized how long it has been since I last posted. 
Life as a newlywed, college student, and worker is all so busy.
All I keep hearing is how much busier our life is going to get.
We take our days one step at a time and at least make sure that we have time for each other every night. 
I have learned many of things in these blissful six months of marriage,
but one thing I want to share is that we must enjoy every moment of our lives because they pass by all to quickly.
Have I seriously been married for six months? 
Where did the time go? 
I've just begun to realize that the most important aspect of life is to SOAK in every moment. 
Whether good or bad. 

Do I have great respect?
Do I live a higher standard?
When something is most sacred do I honor it at all cost?
The ANSWER...No, not  always but I'm striving everyday.
Some days I seem to strive harder then others, but that's the way it goes.

I just want to share a personal moment with you.

I am person who sometimes speaks my mind when I shouldn't.
When something is on my mind I have a hard time keeping it in, and I just can't help but share it.
Well, I seem to be continually taught by my Husband and I am forever grateful for that.

Not to long ago, we made these wonderful friends, but sometimes they aren't who I want them to be. So of course, being me I start to talk about them to many people.
My husband addressed to me that I should stop gossiping about the things they do that upset me.
Being the imperfect human that I am, I became frustrated and annoyed for silly little reasons,
so I jumped in the shower (which is my favorite place to think).
I thought a lot about what he said and began to feel heartbroken.
Not at him, not at my friends, but at myself.
I was heartbroken that I wasn't being the person my husband wanted me or expected me to be.

This is where my heart became full.

The thoughts in my mind said to me
"He is just trying to be Christ-like, and Christ would never gossip or for that matter engage in gossip or be around gossip."

Everyday I am humbled by my sweet Husband because he is better then I and that is why I married him.

You should always marry up because if you don't there won't ever be room for progression and that is what this life is all about.

We need to continually progress to become who we are meant to be...
Heirs in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Continually Prepare. Never Wait. 



No comments:

Post a Comment