"The most important covenant we prepare for is being sealed in the temple"


Monday, April 7, 2014

A Conference Weekend to Remember

What a beautiful weekend it was in the Arizona Mountains. 
We have a family tradition of going up to the mountains during General Conference weekend where we get to sit and relax and enjoy the company of each other and listen to the beautiful words of the prophets. 
Not only were the words spoken during the conference inspiring and motivating but something life changing happened.

It was a lovely Sabbath day at Bison Ranch. The Weather was beautiful and I had a handsome man by my side. What more could I have asked for? 

Eric and I took a walk with my little sister down to a pond they have. The whole time we hadn't taken any pictures so I mentioned out loud that we needed at least one picture to capture the moment of the weekend. My sister without hesitation shouted "Can I take a picture of you guys?" We accepted, and what we thought was going to be one picture turned into a whole photo-shoot of her telling us what to do and how to pose. 
After a while Eric goes "I have an idea for a pose." So he positions Ginger, tells her where to stand and asks her to just keep taking pictures. Eric comes and stands behind me with his hands on my hips for a minute and then steps back and tells me to keep looking out on the pond. 
A minute later he grabs me by the hand turns me around and there he is on one knee. 
My Heart Stops. 
Music rings in my ears as I hear the sweet melodious "Savanna Brook Westberg, will you marry me?"  
Of course, I said "Yes!" 

We were both so caught up in the moment. 
As we were walking back Eric stops and goes "Wait! Did you even say yes?" 
We laughed, and enjoyed every minute of that very moment. 

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of the day when the man I love would get down on one knee and ask me to be his forever. 

That dream of little Savanna has come true.
  
Let the fun and excitement of wedding planning begin!!






No comments:

Post a Comment